I can confirm that this has happened to me as well (on Windows 10). It seems to be a common issue. It’s not even a driver, it’s a file. Apparently, there’s a file called “Connectify_X_y.xml” that’s needed for the OpenVPN server. But the file doesn’t seem to be provided by Connectify. It’s a binary blob that has to be downloaded.
I have been using Connectify Hotspot for a long while without any issues, but today it got an error when I tried to install it, and it looks like the only fix is to uninstall and reinstall it.
Alexander Ognianovich Expert at solving problems Technology is Alexander’s greatest passion. With a strong background in writing, he strives to bring the most advanced technologies to the average user. He has a keen eye and always pays attention to his surroundings. …. Read more about it Updated: 16. June 2023. Published: January 2018
- The Connectify driver installation error may be caused by a program blocking the installation.
- This problem is probably caused by a third-party antivirus program and should be removed.
- With a special application from a developer, this problem can be solved quickly.
- Also, try running the software installer in Windows 10 safe mode.
To solve various PC problems, we recommend DriverFix: This software keeps your drivers up-to-date and protects you from common computer errors and hardware malfunctions. Check all your drivers in 3 easy steps:
- Download DriverFix (verified download file).
- Click on the Start Scan button to find all problematic drivers.
- Click Update Driver to get the new versions and avoid system crashes.
- DriverFix was downloaded by 0 readers this month.
While most homes and workplaces today use routers to distribute the Wi-Fi signal to multiple devices, there is always room for an additional access point. Perhaps you are limited to a single LAN cable, or you want to limit the network administrator by creating his or her own network within the network (is networkception a legitimate term?). Anyway, among the plethora of PC hotspot solutions (including built-in hotspots for Windows 10), we concluded that Connectify Hotspot is the most capable tool. However, some users complain that Connectify displays an error message during driver installation when they try to install it on Windows 10. Of course, this means you can’t install the program at all, but we have some solutions to make it work anyway.
How can I fix the Connectify error when installing the
1. Partial removal of installation
If the installation was stopped midway, the first step is to remove the already installed components that the program has had time to copy. Find the Applications folder and delete all the files in it, because if you reinstall the program, you’ll have to do it from scratch. You can also use a special uninstaller, like the one recommended below, which is guaranteed to remove all traces of it from your drive. ⇒ Get IObit Uninstaller
2. Removing third-party antivirus software
According to Connectify, this problem may be caused by another application blocking the driver installation. They suggest that Kaspersky Antivirus could be the culprit in this case. So if you have it installed, try to remove it at least temporarily. You can also solve this problem by disabling Kaspersky’s self-protection feature, so try that too.
3. Running the developer’s special file
- Download the file DriverInstallPermissionsFix.bat.
- Save it to your hard drive.
- Double-click the file to run it.
- You may need administrator access, and you should grant it.
- Try restarting the Connectify installer.
This file was created by the developer to fix a driver issue, so the Connectify installer should now work without problems.
4. Make sure that the unit installation service is not disabled
- In Windows Search, type Services and click the Services application in the results.
- In this window, scroll down to Device Install Service.
- Right-click on it and select Properties.
- On the General tab, make sure the Startup Type is set to Off. If so, change it to another option and try running the Connectify installer again.
- If you have already chosen the startup type Manual or Automatic, try the following solution.
If the device installation service is disabled, this may be the reason why the Connectify application cannot install the driver and therefore this problem occurs. Follow the steps above to verify this.
5. Start the installation program in safe mode
- Press Windows key + R to open the Run window.
- Type msconfig and press Enter.
- In the System Configuration window, go to the Startup tab.
- In the Boot Options section, select the Secure Boot check box.
- And under this option, also check the Networking box.
- Save the changes and restart the computer.
After the reboot, the system runs in safe mode. Now try to install Connectify and exit safe mode. You may need to reinstall the application in normal mode, but no more drivers need to be installed and the application will work fine.
What is Connectify Hotspot?
Connectify Hotspot, as you can see for yourself, is an application that is mainly used to create hotspots. It uses the LAN or WLAN connection already installed on your computer and distributes it so that other devices can connect. It is essentially a virtual router that provides WPA2 PSK encryption by default. These are the key features you can expect from Connectify Hotspot:
- Ease of use. The user interface is as simple as possible
- WPA2-PSK encryption
- Sharing a LAN or WLAN connection
- Monitor network usage individually for each connected device
- Support for multiple languages, emoji and Unicode for SSID names.
- Ad blocker for all devices connected to the access point
There are other features, but they are only available in the PRO and MAX versions of the application. Furthermore, we must inform you that this tool is not compatible with Windows XP or Vista. We hope our guide has helped you resolve the driver error and that Connectify is now working smoothly. If that’s not all, you can also check out our guide on how to set up and use Connectify on your PC. And if you know of any other good solutions to this problem, please share them with us in the comments below. Not enough details. It’s hard to understand Other Contact an expert Take part in the discussion
connectify filter driver is disabledconnectify hotspot 2023connectify troubleshootinghotspot download for windows 10connectify supportconnectify android,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,connectify lightweight filter driver download,connectify filter driver is disabled,connectify hotspot 2023,connectify troubleshooting,hotspot download for windows 10,connectify support,connectify android,windows 10 multiple network adapters